- Ensure that the BiG EVAL Server can reach the folder where your Excel-File is located. Also ensure that the BiG EVAL Server Account User has at least read-permissions on the file.
- Create a new datasource, give it a name and choose the type "Excel".
- Switch to the tab "Excel".
- Enter the absolute path and filename to your Excel-file into the field "Filename". E.g.
- Enter the name of the Excel-Worksheet whos data should be read into the field "Worksheet".
- Enter the range of cells that should be read from the worksheet into the field "Area". Use the known Excel-syntax. E.g. if you want to read all data from cell A1 to cell D1000 you need to enter the following string:
A1:D10000If you expect a growth in the amount of rows, you should enter a much larger range. BiG EVAL only reads rows with data. Empty rows will be ignored.
- Choose wether the defined area includes any column names by enabling the switch "Headers included".
- Switch to the tab "Columns" and define all columns that are within your data area. You can choose any name you want. Only the order of the columns is important.
- Save the datasource by clicking on the button "Create datasource".